Information for candidates
In order to be admitted to the Graduate Studies the candidate must successfully pass the qualification interview.
The documents which should be submitted prior to the interview:
- Application to the Director of the Institute
- A University diploma or certificate duplicate (not just a photocopy) inclusive of the academic record
- Curriculum Vitae
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor of the master degree thesis
- Complete applicant questionnaire (PDF, DOC)
- Complete personal questionnaire (PDF, DOC) and 1 photo
- A photocopy of the passport (for non-Polish citizens)
- Master Degree Thesis (will be return after interview, e-version preferred)
- Agreement for processing personal data for the purpose of recruitment (PDF)
Copies of the documents should be sent to the secretary: Elzbieta.Seredynska@ifmpan.poznan.pl (the original documents should be delivered to the office of PhD studies on interview day).
The candidates will be informed by e-mail about the interview schedule. Interviews will be held at the Institute of Molecular Physicsof the Polish Academy of Sciences, M. Smoluchowskiego 17, Poznań.
Candidates can obtain more detail information from the office of the International PhD Studies located at the Institute of Molecular Physics of the Polish Academy of Sciences, M. Smoluchowskiego 17, Poznań, phone: (48-61) 61 8695 277, e-mail: Elzbieta.Seredynska@ifmpan.poznan.pl
- The PhD Studies at the Institute of Molecular Physics start on the 1st of April and on the 1st of October. We have two dates for qualification interviews which are announced in advance on the web page of our Institute http://www.ifmpan.poznan.pl. We accept copies of documents but the originals must be delivered on the day of interview.
According to Polish law, we can only accept those candidates for our PhD studies who have obtained a Master of Physics degree or equivalent.
- The qualification interview is conducted by a commission consisting of at least four members containing one of the Directors of the Institute and the Head of the PhD Studies.
- During the qualification interview the applicant will be asked to present main results of MSc thesis and answer several questions concerning the thesis and general problems of condensed matter physics. The qualification interview is conducted in Polish or English in the Institute.
- Unfortunately, due to financial reasons the Institute cannot cover the travel and other expenses related to qualification interviews.
Acceptance and financial support
- The final acceptance of a student is decided by the Director of the Institute about few days after interview but before the beginning of the academic year.
- The final financial support is decided by the Director of the Institute about few days after interview. Most of the students are financially supported by our scholarships. At present its value is equal to 1200 PLN on first year, 1600 PLN on second year and 1800 PLN on third and four years of study. However, in the case of first year students the financial support can be granted only to the students with very good results of the qualification interview.